Eligible for the Elderly Tax Credit?

IRS Elderly or Disabled= Are you 65 or older (or under 65 and disabled)? Are  you a US citizen?  Are you a Single filer with an  adjusted gross income (AGI) less than $17,500?  Is the nontaxable portion of your Social Security or other nontaxable pensions, annuities, or disability income under $5,000?  You need to file Schedule R for a tax credit of $750! Read IRS Publication 524, Credit for the Elderly or Disabled or call 1-800-829-3676 and ask to have a copy mailed to you.

Don’t forget the IRS Helpline – 1-800-829-1040 or your nearest IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center.

If you need help filing your tax return or have questions, call 1-800-906-9887 for an IRS sponsored Tax Counseling for the Elderly. You will be provided free tax preparation and counseling if you are 60 or older and a low to middle income taxpayer. These days, most of us qualify and can use the help!

Consult a qualified tax preparer.